- Part Number RVK3405
- 12" of movement, for turning and maneuvering clearance in shortbed trucks
- Automatically latches in both directions so you only have to get out of the truck once to move into maneuvering position.
- Tight tolerances in sliding mechanism, moves smoothly without the rattle.
- Fully articulating coupler head allows front to back and side to side pivoting.
- 1" thick, wrap-around jaws fit kingpin perfectly, eliminating sloppy starts and stops.
- Polyurethane bushings provide a quiet, rattle free towing experience.
- Utilizes the B&W Turnoverball under-bed mounting system. Pull a Gooseneck or a 5th Wheel with the same system.
- Can be removed (two people!) for a clean bed with no rails. No mounting rails means using your truck for more than towing.
- 20,000 lb GTW/5,000 lb VTW
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
The Companion Slider slides back 12" and locks in that position during tight turning maneuvers. The 12” of adjustment to the back should only be used when extra turning room is needed, and only while operating the tow vehicle at a manuvering speed. For regular towing, the Companion should always be locked in the forward position. Towing with the slider hitch in the back position places the trailer tongue weight behind the rear vehicle axle which may cause unsafe driving characteristics in your vehicle.
The Companion has a medium gray powder-coat finish.
Yes, since all of our hitches in the Companion line use the same coupler head, you may purchase the base that works best for you. Depending on your needs, we offer both stationary and slider versions for the Ram, GM and Ford factory prep packages, as well as the Flat Bed and single point attachment Companion that mount into the Turnoverball.
In January of 2016, we introduced the higher rated 20K RVK3405. The previous model, the RVK3400, was rated at 18K. Due to customer demand for the higher rated RV hitches, we deteremined that the new 3405 would be the hitch we offered exclusively.
You do not need a Teflon lube disc when pulling your RV. Using a lube disc is basically a matter of preference. Some people find that a disc wears quickly and doesn't last very long. A lube disc that is too thick can prevent the kingpin from setting properly in the hitch jaws. The other option is to simply apply an automotive type chassis grease to the top plate of the hitch.
- Product Weight: Base 212 lbs; Coupler 75 lbs
- Footprint: 34.75" Wide x 45" Deep
- Measurement from center of hitch post to front edge (cab-side) of hitch: 15"
- Three vertical adjustments from 17" to 19"
- 2" of front to back adjustment with 2 coupler positions