- Load and unload your Harley Davidson in less than a minute by yourself. No assistance needed.
- Drive over steep, pitched terrain with your bike securely latched.
- Adjustable clamping bar with neoprene lined clamps prevents scratches. Always remove clamping bar when not trailering.
- Your motorcycle's suspension is not stressed. When the rider dismounts, the bike's suspension system remains slightly compressed, exerting just the right amount of upward pressure to maintain rigid stability without stressing the suspension components. A bike secured with a Biker Bar becomes an extension of the trailer’s suspension system, instead of amplifying it as an active bike suspension system would. Let your trailer suspension do the work.
- Latching system easily unbolts from the trailer without crawling underneath, freeing up your trailer for other things.
- Can be mounted in your garage for safely storing your bike.
- Works with all Harley Davidson motorcycles with factory painted frames.
- Six 1/4" increments of vertical adjustment to accommodate different motorcycle models.
No. The Biker Bar clamping bar is ALWAYS removed when you arrive at your destination and are ready to ride.
Yes. You can clamp the bar while the cycle is on the kickstand and most riders can sit on their cycle to lead and unload.
Yes. The Biker Bar can be removed without crawling underneath the trailer by simply removing the 2 bolts on the top side of the floor. The anchor plates will stay secure under the floor once you have secured them with 2 carriage bolts at the time of installation. All that is visible on the top side of your trailer floor are the head of the carriage bolts and a 5/8” hole in your floor.
Yes, it works on all Harley Davidson motorcycles.
Approximately 1 hour. Some toy haulers make take longer, depending on what is underneath the floor. If you do not feel that you can install it yourself, any trailer dealership or repair shop should be able to when provided with the instructions which are enclosed with every unit purchased.
Normally, any ¾” plywood floor is strong enough. If after installation is complete and your motorcycle is loaded in the unit, you pull on the side of the cycle and it moves side to side, your floor is flexing and too weak. You must re-enforce the floor. All pick up floors need to be re-enforced before installation as the metal is too thin for the stress in such a small area.
No, you do not need a wheel chock unless you are worried about the handlebars hitting something in transit. The handlebars will not flop back and forth but they may move to one side and stay there. You can turn them and lock the forks if you want to make sure they stay in one position.
It does not fit all metric motorcycles. It does fit some models. You must have 2 -1/2" on the side of the frame without anything below the frame in the area that the bar attaches. You must be able to raise the kickstand after the clamping bar is on the frame.
DYNA MODELS: The clamp is placed on the forward part of the frame so it does not interfere when the kickstand is raised.
SOFTAIL MODELS: The clamp is placed at the rear of the frame so it does not interfere when the kickstand is raised. The brake line will have to be moved slightly to place the clamp.
FLH & FLT MODELS: The clamp is placed to the back of the center of the frame. To secure, pick up the kickstand with your hand and place it on top of the clamping bar.
V-ROD MODELS: The clamp is placed at the rear of the frame over the allen screw which bolt the frame together. You can then raise the kickstand.
CUSTOM MOTORCYCLES: It will fit most custom cycles with up to 1 1/2” frame tubes and 10” - 14 1/2” wide. If a frame tube is too low for base height, a piece of wood can be mounted to the trailer floor to raise the rear wheel of the cycle to proper height.
Yes, the mounting plates that hold the Biker Bar latching base in place can be purchased separately.
Different bike style frames will need a biker bar tailored to that specific frame. Refer to the Biker Bar Application Chart on the B&W website to match the appropriate bar to your bike. The Biker Bar base is universal and can be used with all Biker Bars.
The Biker Bar will work with all stock Harley Davidson motorcycles with factory painted frames. If you have a different brand of motorcycle and want to find out if the Biker Bar will fit, please refer to the attached photos and information. A full page PDF file is also available in the Biker Bar Instructions tab.
No. Straps are not needed.